UncommonGoods

fredflare.com (Tinymonkey, Inc)

New 120x60

7.01.2006
The Etsy Post
In case you don't know what Etsy is (where have you been?!), it's "an online marketplace for buying and selling all things handmade." And it's not very old, but it's grown as of late to be quite massive and impressive. There are some real treasures to be found at Etsy and I decided it was time I displayed then ones I've found (or that have been found by others and sent to me).

The first is Vladmaster, which sells Vladmasters, 'handmade viewmaster disks designed, photographed, and hand-assembled by Vladimir. They make use of toys, neglected household objects, and other miscellany to tell 28-picture stories.' How inventive can you get?! This is such an awesome idea I can't get over it! She also sells the viewmasters themselves, for viewing the Vladmaster, of course. She sells the disks in sets according to certain themes like "Fear + Trembling," "Italo Calvino Invisible Cities," and "The Public Life of Jeremiah Barnes", each of which has a story behind it. Very cool! But I think my favortie theme is "Franz Kafka Parable". See sample images here. I love it when art has a story behind it. But even more so I love brilliant people and if you go read the descriptions of each set, you'll know what I mean when I say Vladimir is brilliant. Etsy seems to think so too and recently interviewed her on her Vladmasters. Read the interview here.


Next is Studiostelle who sells amazing handmade purses with beautifully detailed appliques. My favorite is the one above. But she has tons more and they're all worth seeing.



Next is lusterbunny who makes gorgeous ceramic accessories like the pins above. And these rings!! And don't miss this chandelier necklace!


I also love Suuskeramiek's ceramic tapas (pictured above). And don't miss her other AMAZING items like these teacups and saucers! It's hard to believe these are handmade.


Can you say Holy Shitballs? How cool are these rings?! Daniel Maveal (aka PreciousPup) makes incredible jewelry like the rings above which are made out of sterling and acrylic! Really you just need to go see it all for yourself. She's definitely one of my favorites.


Etsy also sells art. One of my favs is Ashley (aka Kitty Genius) who makes these really cute pieces mostly done in ink (one of my fav mediums :D). I adore the one pictured above and this one, but honestly they're all fantastic and worth a drool or two.


Supercozy only has 2 items right now but I love them! They're silk-screened dishtowels like the one above. So great!



So it looks like the bird trend isn't going anywhere soon. Good! Because who can resist them? I know I can't. That's why I love Joom. She makes pillows like the one above and they're all couch-and-cuddle worthy. I want 10!

Ok so it looks like Etsy has nothing short of amazing. And I must say I'm very impressed (and extremely jealous). In fact I'm getting to work right after the post! But don't think this is the last you'll see of Etsy from me. There are SOO many more worth looking at and loving and owning. Yay!
posted by Katey @ 2:12 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About
Contact

  • 06.06
  • 07.06
  • 09.06
  • © 2006 Katey Nicosia